Friday, February 29, 2008

A Couple Things...


I am a part of a CAL (crochet-along) which does 12 inch afghan squares. I like it. It forces me to try squares I wouldn't otherwise do, and learn techniques I might not learn otherwise. We are given 1 square to complete per month, but most do at least 2 or 3 squares. With 2 months over, I have 11 squares done. Yeah, I got a little obsessive about it, but I have learned a lot doing it. I just completed 1 square that I'm not sure I'll keep, but it was interesting to make. It originally was made in thread as a bedspread. No way in hell I have the patience to do that, but the website that referred me stated that, in yarn, it made a 12 inch square. Eh, I figured, why not try it. I had trouble with the directions on a couple rounds, but I eventually figured them out. This is the result. It is perfectly 12 inches square. The waviness is due to the fact that I needed to move the square to get a picture (more light needed) and didn't think to flatten out the square as well as I did before. I really wish I had a better picture, but since I killed my camera, I am using a borrowed cam. The center rose sits up quite a bit and is thick, so I don't know if I'll use it or not. If I decide not to use this square, I'm probably going to donate it to Project Linus or one other charity like that.

No comments: